Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pai Tin Kong...

Thursday, 14th Feb... Happy Valentine's day to all of you, but instead of celebrating Valentine's day, i celebrated "Tin Kong Day" with my family and frens. We didn't get Roses but sugar canes today :P

"Tin Kong Day" was on the 9th day of CNY, but the prayers was on the eve. It was really a big day for Hokkien, since I'm one of them, I also started to celebrate this big occasion even though I'm just a little baby. I know there was a story for this occasion... will learn more when i grow up. "Mum... remembers to tell me!!!"

I saw all my aunties and uncles were busy building up the "Gold Mountain" using the "Gold" papers during the prayers to wish for prosperity. My Kong Kong has prepared a lot of food and fruits for the prayers as the traditional practice, they all looked so yummy again. It was the most happening day for me in this Chinese New Year... Happy "Tin Kong Day"!!!











No comments: